Caldwell's MPL is a casement and awning window lock solution that is a true innovation—the industry’s first multi-point lock that can be located on the jamb or on the sill.
Caldwell’s MPL system is the ideal casement and awning window lock solution for wood and composite framed windows.
Caldwell's MPL is designed to be used by manufacturers whose windows utilize a one-piece jamb with no separate trim stop. This in turn allows for manufacturing efficiencies since the components are installed directionally from the inside and outside of the frame.
Caldwell's MPL sill mount application is a unique concept that opens up greater window design possibilities because the flexible drive mechanism can follow the contours of the window shape.
How MPL works:
The jamb mount system uses a multi-point rigid lock bar located in the jamb to engage or disengage the locks. The handle and escutcheon are located on the jamb.
The sill mount system uses an innovative flexible multi-point stainless steel tape that navigates corners to engage or disengage the locks. The handle and escutcheon are located on the sill, under the operator.
Both the jamb mount and sill mount systems employ stainless steel hooks that are retained in the window frame.
Both the jamb mount and sill mount systems utilize keepers that mount on the sash.
Benefits of MPL:
Jamb and Sill Mount:
• Low profile keepers that mount flush with the sash for aesthetically pleasing appearance.
• Stainless steel hooks located in the window frame rather than on the sash for aesthetically pleasing appearance.
• Anchor points every 1.5” that allow the manufacturer to easily change the number and location of the lock points.
• Corrosion-resistant components for coastal applications.
• Window design flexibility.
• Handle and escutcheon housed under the operator. No hardware visible on the jamb. Aesthetically pleasing.
• No hardware on the jamb to interfere with window treatments.
• Optimum accessibility to lock handle (under the operator).
Please click the image below to download